Driver & Community Connector
Join us in our mission to Positively Connect Communities. We don't have all the answers to homelessness, but what we can provide is free clean laundry, a warm shower, and genuine conversation to those doing it tough.
As an Orange Sky (OS) volunteer driver, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the van greets our friends with an awesome group of volunteers.
In addition to undertaking general volunteer tasks (chatting with friends, laundering clothes, ensuring smooth shift operations), you'll drive the van to shift to ensure we reach those who need our services. Your reliable transportation ensures we can provide safe and reliable free laundry and warm shower services.
We are looking for awesome volunteers to help make a difference 2 - 4 hours each week or fortnight in the following locations. You’ll be picking up and dropping off the van from Victoria Park, Auckland CBD.
- Auckland CBD - Mondays, 6.50am - 9.10am
- Auckland CBD - Mondays, 4.50pm - 7.10pm
- Auckland CBD - Tuesdays, 4.20pm - 6.40pm
- Auckland CBD - Fridays, 6.50am-9.10am
If you are organized, great with people, can communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds, and have a genuine passion for helping others, you will be a great fit!
This is a great opportunity to get involved with your local community and make a practical difference in people’s lives. By volunteering as a driver, you'll directly contribute to the mission and ensure that our services reach those who need them most.
- Physically able to operate OS equipment, including loading and unloading loads of washing, cleaning showers and machines and engaging in non-judgment conversation
- A Restricted or Full Class 1 License
- Confident in communication technology
- You must be over the age of 18 years old
- Ideally, you will be able to give a regular commitment for 6 months
2 - 4 hours each week/fortnight.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.