URGENT MESSAGE for Leaders of Volunteer Engagement
During the COVID-19 outbreak please keep informed as to how you can support your volunteering and volunteers to ensure safety of all concerned - your clients, your staff and your volunteers.
See Volunteering New Zealand's Responce to COVID-19 information - this is updated regularly
Non-profit members gain access to the following:
- Recruitment and referral of volunteers to your organisation, including individuals and corporate teams.
- Training for managers and coordinators of volunteers - the people responsible for volunteer engagement. Attend seminars, forums and training workshops specifically designed to help you engage, retain and mobilise volunteers.
- Advice and consultancy. Non-profit members receive 1 hour free consultation in developing and reviewing their volunteer programme upon registration (must be used within 6 months of initial registration).
- A networking and support forum for managers and coordinators of volunteers, and others responsible for engaging volunteers.
- A unique resource library on volunteering and volunteerism including books, manuals, and journals from New Zealand, Australia and around the world.
- Our newsletter Volunteer Trends.
- Membership of MoVA.
- Invitations to attend or participate in events celebrating, recognising and mobilising volunteers in greater Auckland.
- Annual promotions including National Volunteer Awareness Week (June), International Volunteer Manager's Day (November 5), UN International Volunteer Day (December 5), Volunteer Expos, Conferences, Festivals, and Displays.
- Information on volunteer engagement, retention and mobilisation, volunteer management and best practices. Also on managing a non-profit organisation's relationship to volunteers - both governance and service delivery.
- Advocacy on volunteering policy and environment with local and central government, business and community sectors.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world. - Mahatma Ghandi