GirlGuiding NZ Unit Leader - Paheko Rangers
Are you interested in providing girls opportunities to build resilience, confidence, and a strong sense of identity? We are looking for someone with ‘a bit of oomph’, a creative mind, and a willingness to develop their own skills and experiences.
We want more good people to come and do great things with us.
Join our passionate and supportive team in a well-established, long-standing organisation with growth potential.
As a volunteer you will:
- Have a passion to inspire girls and young women to reach their full potential and learn new skills
- Be encouraging, assertive and patient
- Be a hands-on leader and learner
- Meet new people and become part of a worldwide network
During the school term our GGNZ leaders:
- Attend a weekly session (in person) for up to two hours
- Helping plan the term's activities and deliver them to the girls
- Complete occasional evening / weekend training as required
- Attend occasional leader / planning meetings, and trips or camps
Paheko Rangers is located in Epsom, Auckland and you will be supporting girls aged between 12 & 17 years old.
The Paheko Rangers meet Wednesday's 6:45 - 8:30pm term-time only on weeknights or weekends.
There is no experience needed, but we need reliable volunteers and previous experience working with youth is an advantage.
GirlGuiding New Zealand 's health and safety policy also has requirements around adult to child ratios, so we do require that you are older than 18.
If you really want to make a difference, we would love to have a talk with you about the variety of volunteering roles we have. So, get in touch now!
This role would require 2-4 hour a week commitment for planning and running activities. If this doesn’t suit, we would love to talk with you about other more flexible options that may suit. Ideally we are looking for someone prepared to train towards their Leadership Qualification and take over the running of the unit next year.
The first step is to express your interest by applying directly to the organisation. You will then be able to find out more about the role and how to proceed.
Youth & Children
Apply for this role:
If you experience any problems you can use our application form