Youth Leaders Required across the North Shore
We want more good people to come and do great things with us. Join our passionate and supportive team in a well-established, long-standing organisation with growth potential.
As a volunteer, you will:
• Have a passion to inspire girls and young women to reach their full potential and learn new skills
• Be encouraging, assertive, and patient - Be a hands-on leader and learner
• Meet new people and become part of a worldwide
• Network During the school term, our GGNZ leaders
• Attend a weekly session (in person) for up to two hours
• Helping plan the term’s activities and deliver them to the girls
• Complete occasional evening/weekend training as required
• Attend occasional leader/planning meetings and trips or camps.
In particular, we require leaders in Sunnynook: Sunnynook Guides meet Mondays from 6:30-8:30 pm supporting Girls 9.5 - 12 Years. The Sunnynook Rangers meet Wednesdays 7:00-9:00 pm and support Girls between 12-17 years old. The units meet term-time only on weeknights or weekends. Taiaotea Guides meet Tuesdays from 6:00-8:00 pm, Browns Bay, and support Girls aged 9.5-12. Devonport Guides meet Tuesdays from 4.15-6:00 pm Allenby Reserve, Devonport, Auckland 0624, and support Girls aged 9.5-12. We also require Volunteer Leaders the Northcote, Glenfield, Beach Haven, Greenhithe, Albany, Torbay, Browns Bay, and Devonport to support girls of all ages. We have Pippins (age 5-6 years), Brownies (age 7-9 years), Guides (age 9-12 years), and Rangers (age 12-17 years).
There is no experience needed, but we need reliable volunteers and previous experience working with youth is an advantage. GirlGuiding New Zealand 's health and safety policy also has requirements around adult to child ratios, so this opportunity is best suited to someone older than 18.
This role would require 2-3 hour a week commitment for planning and running activities. Units only run during Term time. If this doesn’t suit, we would love to talk with you about other more flexible options that may suit.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Youth & Children