Traditional Games and Play Festival Volunteer
Come volunteer at the fabulous Traditional Games and Play Festival, a free family and community event at Tuna Mau / Western Park (Ponsonby) on Saturday 8th April (rain date Saturday 15th April).
The Play Festival celebrates cultural identity, facilitates intercultural connections and creates a safe and inclusive environment for people – of all ages and from all cultures – to play, interact and simply have fun. In addition to hosting Ngā Taonga Tākaro (Māori traditional games), we will have traditional games, cultural performances, music and food from a variety of cultures!
Each volunteer shift lasts 3 hours, after or before which we encourage the volunteer to enjoy the Festival along with their friends and whānau - as George Shaw said, "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
Volunteer roles include:
- Load in crew: set up Ezy Up marquees, tressle tables, chairs, signage, waste stations, etc. Walking veihicles on/off site.
- Wardens: Monitor area, walk vehicles, record hourly attendence, surveys, lost childrens.
- Info tent: Provide information and directions, lost childrens.
- Waste education: Provide education on waste station (use of landfill, recycling & compost bins), replace full bins.
- Load out crew: Packing up Ezy Up marquees, tables, chairs, signage etc. Walking vehicles on and off site.
- Game facilitation: Assist traditional play providers with game facilitation, supervise game stations.
We look forward to seeing you there!
For more information see:
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/504209548484087/?ref=newsfeed
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.