Graphic Design Intern
Location: Waiheke Sustainability Centre or remotely
Role type: Voluntary, unpaid internship — full time or part-time offered
Responsible to: WRT Comms Manager, Project Leads and the Internships Coordinator
- Be passionate about the environment
- Fit our culture of an open, flexible workspace, where good humour and mutual respect is key
- Work proactively in a professional manner
- Adopt WRT’s cultural statement, code of conduct, and policies
- Use initiative and to work both independently and as part of a team in a remote setting
- Have excellent communication and time management skills.
- Adobe Creative Cloud, in particular InDesign
- UX and WordPress
- Social media content production
- Gain an understanding of WRT and use that within design elements
- Work with comms manager and project leads to update project content and create templates for social media posting
- Create content for the WRT Instagram, FB pages and other social media channels (digital posts, banners, social media visuals)
- Create and design digital and print documents (posters, letterheads, annual reports, infographics)
- Develop and refine branding in line with existing WRT family of brands, align existing branding and keep style guide up-to-date
- Create database of open source images that are useful as WRT project collateral
- Collaborate with other WRT staff and interns to showcase projects and maintain a regular online presence for the WRT
- Work to a design brief and deliver high quality content to a deadline
GENERAL ONSITE INTERN POSITION
If you’re able to do your mahi at the Waiheke Sustainability Centre with us, you will also get the chance to get practical experience with a wide variety of WRT projects and events, as well as with running the Centre itself
Interns must have their own device and have familiarity with Canva and/or Adobe suite. Knowledge of Google suite is a plus.
We recommend that internships last at least 2 months, and are flexible around the number of hours per week to suit work/studies. We do need you to be available at least one day during business hours.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Marketing & Communications