Short Course Facilitators - Adult Community Education
• Do you have subject expertise that could help adult learners upskill?
• Are you patient, supportive, resilient, and empathetic?
• Do you enjoy creating whakawhanaungatanga and manaakitanga for ‘second-chance’ adult learners?
If one or more of these resonates with you, korero with us!
Course topics vary, and may include:
• Computer Confidence for Absolute Beginners
• Learning to Learn for Adults
• Making Money Work for You
• Better English for Everyday Life
• Mental Health & Social Inclusion Strategies
• Physical Wellbeing, including Healthy Eating
• Getting Into & Staying in Work
• CV development & Interview Techniques
• Positive Parenting
• Courageous Conversations & Conflict Resolution
• Te Reo & Tikanga Maori
• Introduction to Pasifika Languages
• Starting & Running a Business
• …. other topics that build confidence and self-esteem, create social inclusion, and unlock unrealised potential of second-chance adult learners
Facilitation experience helpful but not essential.
Time commitment is 1-2 hours per session, generally 1 day a week, for between 3-4 weeks. Deliver your own content to meet course outcomes and suit you!
Day and Evening courses available and are delivered online during lockdown, and in the community when allowed.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.