Ethical investment analyst
Mindful Money is a charitable social enterprise, established in early 2018. We aim to make investment a force for good by re-directing investment from pollution and exploitation to support social and environmental aims. Our approach is to educate and empower investors to take ethical decisions on their KiwiSaver and other investment funds. Our campaign is helping Kiwis make positive choices to align their investment choices with their values.
Our volunteer programme provides volunteers with work experience in a defined role, with management, support, feedback and on-the-job training from experienced staff. Volunteers gain experience in a small, growing organisation doing exciting work. References will be provided to volunteers who perform well in their role and fulfil the agreed term and responsibilities. Volunteers need to commit to working at least 2 days per week for a three month period. All roles will require working from home, and there is a preference for roles to be Auckland-based to allow for regular face-to-face meetings with supervising staff. All agreed travel costs and expenses will be reimbursed.
The role is to undertake research and analysis on the key climate-related, social and environmental aspects of investment. The role will report to the CEO, who will provide support, advice and direction. The key tasks are to:
-Analyse information on investment fund providers, including: o Measures of carbon footprint and carbon intensity of portfolios o Quarterly returns of selected fund providers o Engagement practices and outcomes for selected funds o Policies and practices of fund providers
- Update lists of companies that fall into the categories that NZ consumers want to avoid (such as producing tobacco or weapons, or violating human rights) and analyse
- Analyse key characteristic of impact funds and prepare lists of investment opportunities
- Undertake google searches and write short briefings on priority issues
- Other research and analytical tasks agreed with the CEO
Skills and Experience
Mindful Money is looking for a volunteer who is committed to making a positive change in the world. The role will suit someone who has strong analytical skills, including:
- Educational achievement in finance, business or related disciplines
- Experience of research or analysis at university or for an employer
- Skills in financial analysis, statistics and spreadsheets, such as Excel
- Methodical, well-organised and able to show initiative
Volunteers need to commit to working at least 2 days per week for a three month period.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.