Our aim to re-orient KiwiSaver and investment funds to support social and environmental aims. Currently most funds profit from pollution and exploitation, with investments in sectors like fossil fuel production, human rights abuses, animal cruelty, gambling and pornography. Our aim is to make investment a force for good.
The role is to co-ordinate a fundraising campaign for Mindful Money. The main focus is on developing and launching a crowdfunding campaign in early 2020. This aims to raise funds from the public to enable Mindful Money to scale up for greater impact, develop a new website for managed funds and provide investors with information about impact investment opportunities. The key tasks are to:
- Research and document good practice in crowdfunding campaigns
- Work with the CEO to develop a crowdfunding plan
- Work with Mindful Money staff and volunteers to develop the materials required to support implementation of the crowdfunding campaign
- Monitor progress and, with the Marketing team, provide feedback to donors and the public
- Research other fundraising opportunities and work with the CEO to develop proposals
Our volunteer programme provides volunteers with work experience in a defined role, with management, support, feedback and on-the-job training from highly experienced staff. Volunteers gain experience in a small, growing organisation doing exciting work. References will be provided to volunteers who perform well in their role and fulfil the agreed term and responsibilities.
We are looking for a volunteer who is committed to making a positive change in the world. The role will suit someone who has strong communications skills, including:
- Well organised, thorough and able to show initiative
- Strong written, oral and visual communications, including photos, video and graphics
- Experience with marketing, and/or fundraising, ideally with crowdfunding
- Ability to communicate to public audiences, with skills in social media and outreach
All roles will require working from home, and there is a preference for roles to be Auckland-based to allow for regular face-to-face meetings with supervising staff. All travel costs and expenses will be reimbursed.
Volunteers need to commit to working at least 2 days per week for a three month period.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.